We understand that people bereaved by sudden death suffer terribly – whether it’s through a road crash, suicide, disaster, war, accident, or undiagnosed medical reasons. They are often left isolated, bewildered and traumatised and need specialist support to help them cope and move forwards with their lives.
Sudden is a global charitable initiative by Brake, the road safety charity, sharing best practice, research and resources among professionals and carers who work with suddenly bereaved people. Through this, we aim to help ease the suffering of people bereaved by any kind of sudden death.
We do this by offering:
- free quarterly bulletins for professionals
- online guidance for carers
- papers and reports for professionals
- seminars, training and webinars
- support literature for bereaved adults and children