|Last chance to book: Supporting families following sudden bereavement seminar.
It's less than two weeks until our vital Supporting families following sudden bereavement seminar! We're down to our last few spaces for this event, and would encourage any interested professionals to sign up now to avoid missing out.
Speakers at this seminar include:
- Stephen Regel, Director of the Centre for Trauma, Resilience and Growth at the University of Nottingham,
- Richard Stafford, Director of Bereavement Services Scotland at Child Bereavement UK, and
- Reverend Stuart MacQuarrie, University Chaplain at the University of Glasgow.
Sessions at this event will include:
- An overview of the manifestation of trauma, and discussions on the impact that traumatic bereavement can have on individuals and families, and best practice advice on early intervention and support methods.
- The impact that sudden bereavement can have on children and young people, and signposting to specialist agencies that are able to offer support.
- An overview of sudden bereavement from a multi-faith background, and discussion of religious customs that support workers should be aware of.
This event takes place in central Edinburgh on Tuesday 6 December; there are a very limited number of spaces remaining and we would encourage all professionals to book soon to avoid disappointment.
Thanks to funding kindly provided by Thompsons Solicitors, attendance at this crucial seminar costs just £40 + VAT per person.