Thursday 21 June 2018, Manchester (UK), Thursday 28 June 2018, Birmingham (UK) and 5 July 2018, London (UK); Thursday 22 November 2018 Cardiff (Wales, UK).
All seminars 9.30am - 3.00pm
Led by a variety of academics and expert practitioners, these essential seminars provide a practical overview of best practice in supporting suddenly bereaved children and young people.
Offering an excellent professional development opportunity to all school teachers and support staff, healthcare workers and counsellors, these events provide expert guidance on how to help children cope and recover from the shocking impact of a sudden bereavement, and offer a great chance for professionals to develop their skills and knowledge.
Practitioners and academics specialising in sudden bereavement will discuss:
- Symptoms and emotions that children and young people who have been suddenly bereaved may experience
- Insights into methods that practitioners can use to best support suddenly bereaved children
- A discussion of the ways in which children and young people comprehend and understand grief
- Sign-posting to a range of services, resources and organisations that are available for practitioners working with bereaved children and young people
Confirmed speakers for these seminars include:
Manchester, 21 June 2018
- Sue McDermott, Non-Executive Director, Rainbows Bereavement Support Great Britain
- Callie Harrop, Bereavement Practitioner and Lisa Kelley, Winston's Wish
- Shirley Potts, North Development Lead, Child Bereavement UK
Birmingham, 28 June 2018
Speakers for this event will be confirmed shortly.
London, 5 July 2018
- Dr Sarah James, Lecturer in Education, University of Hull
- Dr Jane McCarthy, Visiting Fellow, Open University and Trustee, Winston's Wish
Further speakers for these crucial events will be announced shortly.
Feedback from previous events:
“Fantastic seminar. A great array of passionate, inspirational and informative speakers. Very useful and very worthwhile.”
“Excellent day. Very well run, with fast pace and great and varied speakers. Really useful - good resources available and signposting to further sites/charities to get further information.”
“The conference has been extremely informative. The speakers were excellent and varied. This will help me to support children in the schools that I work in.”
We are incredibly grateful to the continued kind support of Slater and Gordon Lawyers, without whose funding these events would not be possible.